Friends raising money to help Noah afford therapy and adaptive equipment.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday Adventure!

I love days like we had today! I was trying to think of some great outside fallish things we could do that were free, or close to free. (some of the pumpkin/fall festivals around here are like $8-10 to get into, and when you are taking 4 people that can really add up fast.) I had remembered going to this monk monastery a few times when I was in Jr. high, with my friends family. I couldn't remember much about it, but I looked it up online, and decided we needed to take the family and go check it out. On the way, we stopped in Huntsville, my oh my. It is one of the most beautiful towns I have ever seen. There were trees and fall colored leaves everywhere. I almost couldn't breath it was so beautiful! When we stopped to eat at a little local BBQ place, they told us they were having their fall days (basically it was face painting, a few games and wagon rides, but we did it all and had a blast) Well technically I was the only one who got my face painted...I did it to show the kids it wasn't scary, but when it was Ava's turn, she totally freaked out...so I look like the dork!
The entire time we were here, I just day dreamed out living in this town. I felt so at home, almost like I belonged there...it was kinda freaky in a way, as we were driving away, I felt like I left a piece of my heart there lol

look at those dimples...got those from her mom...and her dad!
I also sat and wished I had taken time to put on makeup this morning!
I promise I'm not choking him, I'm just trying to get him to look at the camera





Noah LOVED the wagon ride. He was made to ride horses, it is so soothing for him, he just sat real still and enjoyed the ride...



I decided this year I am buying a new coat. I have had this dorky coat since Jr. high and I got it in the boys Jr section. It's the only one I have that fits. I am going to get a more classy grown up coat...so I don't look like I'm 15











This is what my family looked like about 5 min after we left the monastery.

2 comments:

HomeSweetDenver said...

Crystal you are cracking me up!! I love the comments about your Jr. High coat :) and ps there are some really cute coats at Target! You and the kiddos should come visit me...

Staci said...

OMGosh that place looks like so much fun.