Friends raising money to help Noah afford therapy and adaptive equipment.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The dreaded school bus

Noah has been having a hard time in preschool lately. He does fine until the second I walk him into his preschool room. At that time he has a total meltdown, as Ava and I walk out to the van, we can hear him all the way to the front door. After about 15 min he is fine, but he was having a hard time transitioning. I have been talking to his teacher for a while, and she told me that she has been a special ed teacher for 20 years, and a majority of the time, the kids do so much better when they ride the bus. Jeff and I had all ready decided last year when he started school that I would always drive the kids, since I stay home with them of course I was totally dismissed this idea, but then that night talked to Jeff about it, and he said "lets try it for a week" Well today was his first day. I'm telling you, last night while I was doing all my housework and the kids were sleeping, every time I would go in Noah's room to put away laundry or whatever, my heart would just drop. I have been totally sick about it for the entire weekend. Well when we woke up this morning I started to talk about the bus and try to explain in to Noah as much as I could. I sang "the wheels on the bus" then it came time to go outside and wait (luckily it comes right to our house) we were out just long enough for brother and sister to get in a quick kiss.
This is his bus driver Wendy. She is super sweet and let be my photo taking, panicky mom. (she has been a bus driver for 13 years I'm sure she is use to it.) Ava was alot more worried that Noah

When I put him in the car seat he totally screamed. He didn't know what was going on...I just tried to calm him down, but he was scared.
By the time I got off the bus, he had calmed down...
Its hard to see but that is his little head in the first window.
I told Wendy I was going to follow them, she drove around the neighborhood, and I got sis in the car...we crisscrossed at a road and she put her hand out the window and gave me a thumbs up!!!!
Sissy cried the whole 3 min drive to his school...she cried for her brother
Here is the bus pulling out of our neighborhood, and me right behind
I went and saw him right when he got to school to let him know what was going to happen, when I got in he was super happy. His buss driver had been singing "the wheels on the bus" I almost cried...I cannot tell you how much I appreciate people like her who really care about him.
Here is a friend (he had an awful cough...I felt so nervous....he better not have the swine flu dang it. Luckily I just got the kids vaccinated but still, keep your kids home people...please)My little brave boy
Here is Noah's class going into school....he didn't cry on the way in hooray!
Lucky kid gets to ride in style...
Jeff and I have parent teacher conference this week and I will talk to his teacher and see how she feels everything is going. I hope this is the cure.

1 comment:

Lara and Shawn said...

Crystal- You are the absolute BEST Mom ever! I read your post with tears in my eyes. I hope the bus continues to be a happy transition to school for Noah and Ava.
Larissa