Friends raising money to help Noah afford therapy and adaptive equipment.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

MR. SMILES!



So I thought I would update today because Noah is all smiles today! I have been so sick for the last week I thought I was going to die. I never was this sick with Noah, in fact I felt really good with him. I am not a good noscious person, I don't handle it well. But today is the first day that I have not been hanging over a wast basket all day. I am on some strong meds that seem to be helping as long as I keep on top of them, and use them even if I feel OK. I have been able to play with my little munchkin, and I can tell he missed me, that's why he can't stop smiling!



These pictures were taken at lunch time, where Noah devoured an entire peanut butter and Jelly sandwich all by himself. This is his new favorite food. I get so nervous..... oh I guess I should tell you all about our drama this last week. We went to my grandma and grandpa's on Easter to have a little family get together. They were serving banana splits, so I got my self one, and really got the works, the banana all three kinds of ice cream, and all the sauces, whip cream and walnuts. I sat down next to Noah to eat it, and he leaned close to me opened his mouth and said ah. So I scooped up a bite and gave it to him, after he loves ice cream.


He ate a few bites and then all the sudden he started screaming, I think he coughed once, but would not stop screaming, at first i thought maybe he was getting a brain freeze, so I stoped feeding him and let him rest, but he did not stop crying. He started coughing a few minutes later, Jeff gave him his bottle to wash it down, he drank a little but started coughing and crying again. We got scared and decided to go to the ER, I knew I was maybe being a little over protective, but I wanted to make sure everything was OK. So on the drive there, he started acting pretty normal. Jeff and I contemplated going home, because we knew the ER would be packed on a holiday, but we said how awful we would feel if something was wrong and we just didn't want to spend out night in the ER. So as soon as we walked in, Noah started vomiting really foamy and just drooling like crazy. Well to make a long story short, he ended up having about 6 walnuts stuck in his esophagus and we had to have surgery to remove them....Poor kid was so miserable, and I felt like an awful mother. I just honestly did not think about the nuts in it, and for that matter I didn't realize children can't have nuts until their 4. Well he was fine the next day, back to himself and playing like crazy.
So my ultrasound was great. Everything is just like it should be. Nothing but good news to report, just pray that I will feel a little better.
We might be taking a trip to VA in about 2 weeks!! I hope so I feel like a vacation.
Crystal

No comments: