Friends raising money to help Noah afford therapy and adaptive equipment.

Monday, April 2, 2007

WERE PREGNANT!

I know, we can't believe it either! We found out a week ago, and werent going to share for a while, but we managed to let it slip to a few people, and thought we better let everyone know, so that no one feels left out.


The story is this:


We decided to go off birth control due to the fact that we would probably be ready in about 8-12 months to get pregnant again. (With Noah it took 8 months of temperature charting at 7am every morning and timing everything exactly right, so we figured it would take at least that long, since I wasen't going to do any charting or timing anything) well to make a short story shorter, four weeks later, I was feeling pretty sick to my stomach and I was late, so I decided to take a test for kicks, thinking there was no way it would be posative right? Jeff was at school, and I had a test left over from trying with Noah. So I didn't want to get Jeff worked up or anything, so I took it and just watched and 2 lines appeared right away....I felt my stomach turn loops, and jumped up ran to the phone through my tears, and called Jeff and no one answered, then my mom, and then my best friend Jen...Finally Jeff called me back, and I said "oh my gosh I think I am pregnant"......to this he replied, "did you take a test without me?" "Yes Im sorry but I really didn't think it would be posative, or I wouldn't have" Well the rest is history, from that night we have been so scared and also so excited!


So far I have had a pregnance hormone level test done, that measures the amount hcg (pregnancy hormone) in my blood and then 48 hours later also measures the hcg, and it should have doubled in that time. Mine tripled so things are looking very good, strong pregnancy!


On the 10th I will be going in for my first untrasound I will be 6 1/2 weeks so I will only see my little yolk sac..., but for fun I will try to post a picture. Then in about 6 weeks, I will go in for my cerclage, where they sew my cervix shut. Oh yea I should also tell you I am due Dec 4th.







Ok so enough about that....The weather here has been so wonderful. Noah and I have been talking walks almost everyday. We live right by a grocery store and strip mall type thing, so we walk down there and do our shoping...the other day, Jeffy was home from work, and we all walked down to arctic circle and got ice cream!




We went to shriners today for therapy, and we talked to Sonya (Noah's physical therapist), and she was telling us about this walker type chair, it looks kind of like a wheel chair, but for walking that has so many crazy peices of equipment, it looks really scary and instatutional like. Well she said that she thinks it would be really good for Noah since he doesn't like to put any weight on his legs, and is no were near walking, that it would help him get those muscles engaged and working. We were a little confused and want to talk to our pediatrician and ocupational therapist, and get everyones input in about it, and all talk together and come to a conclusion. We are going in next wendnesday again, so talk about it, and see if it really is the best thing for Noah, so I will take some pictures and update, when we decide what to do. Until then we could use some prayer in deciding what direction to go.




Noah in his cool shades!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!