Friends raising money to help Noah afford therapy and adaptive equipment.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

sept 5th update


Thank you for how many of you have let us know that you are praying and thinking about Noah. It is so encouraging when I check my email late at night, and am exhausted and drug down and somehow get encouraged to be strong a little longer!

Noah has been doing so much better than yesterday. He is still no where near where he was before the surgery, but we are so thankful he is waking up. He woke up out of the blue, just bright eyed. He looked at all of us, really inquisitively....you could tell he had no idea what was going on or where he was. Then he fell right back asleep...but throughout the day he woke up a little longer, and a little longer.


When I left to come home tonight, he had woken up and was very awake, but defiantly not himself. It was kinda funny and kinda scary...he was just giggling. We asked the nurse what the chances were that he would be neurologically damaged, she didn't know, but she said she didn't think he would be.

7 comments:

Mama C said...

Crystal & Jeff,
I have been praying continuously for the two of you and for little Noah. I'm so happy to hear that he woke up and that you are feeling a little bit of encouragement. I have been praying that you will feel empowered by God's love, mercy, grace, strength, and comfort during this time and that the Dr.s and nurses would be given clear direction and guidance in knowing how to care for Noah; and that Noah will be healed in Jesus' name. I'm so sorry for the fear and worry that has been created by this circumstance. Praying that you will feel embraced by God's tender love today. Love you!

Grandma Cathy said...

Crystal,Thanks for the up date,very glad Noah is improving.Lots of folks are praying for you all.Just remember you are loved.Grandma Cathy

Michele Wornock said...

I heard a song that reminded me of you guys. It is "He's My Son" by Mark Schultz. I'm praying for you guys!

The Tripps said...

We are praying for you guys, please let us know if there is anything we can do. We love you guys, I can't imagine going through all of this and being as strong as you have. Try to remember Isaiah 40:31..."But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

-Tiff (and Greg and Pres)

Jessica said...

My prayers are with your family! I hope things get better soon, just saty strong you are an incerdible woman!
Lots of love Jessica

Staci said...

Oh Crystal, I am so sorry that this is happening to him. I am Praying for your little man, and all of you.

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Staci just called me to tell me about Noah. We are so sorry you all have to go through so much, especially little Noah....we too are praying for your little guy and family...hang in there...there is so much love for your family...let us know if we can do anything for you...