Friends raising money to help Noah afford therapy and adaptive equipment.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Starting my Garden

I decided to do a garden this year, after wanting to for the last 3 years. I feel like I finally have a little time. I have never attempted this before, so I'm a little nervous. I talked to the garden lady at Lowe's and she helped me a lot.

I decided to do seeds so that if I don't have a green thumb, and ruin things, a pack of seeds is about a buck. I am doing the little indoor greenhouse things, because Utah weather can be so unpredictable, and this way I can get the seeds started. Ill let you know my progress.


I may be a little over my head, I decided to plant peas, green beans, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, carrots, squash and pumpkins. (of course varieties that will grow well in Utah). We will see, I kinda feel like a pioneer woman LOL!
There is this lady, "Joy in the garden" she is awesome, and she will answer all your questions via email. We may get to know each other on a first name basis!!
Jeff and I will be starting on getting the garden space ready in the next two weekends. If we can find a baby sitter, Jeff and I are going to go Colorado for a marriage conference, so it might be postponed a week.

No comments: