Friends raising money to help Noah afford therapy and adaptive equipment.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Home again

A lot has happened since I last blogged. This will be a quick post, because I have never know exhaustion like this. I literally cant function. Noah has been in and out of the hospital since my last post. We finally figured out that the medicine I was giving him at home, was labeled wrong, and he has been overdosing. That is why he was in the ICU...he could have easily died. We are in the process now of dealing with the hospital.




Because of the overdose, Noah has been having withdrawal really bad....he has been screaming at the slightest sound or touch. He was screaming so bad in the house yesterday, that we decided to go walk around the zoo. It was nice and cool, and it helped calmed him down. We have been on some walks around the neighborhood too. Thank goodness the weather has been so nice and cool.


Our little Noah is such a fighter.

Here he is snuggling with his momma




















Sissy on the other hand, has had a really really hard time adjusting to everything. She is still mad at me for being gone so long. I probably spent 18 nights at the hospital, and she didn't understand why I wasn't home with her. She seems to be warming up to me more today.







on the 21st we came home from the hospital and have been home since. It was my birthday, and it was a great present to get to spend the day with my whole family in my own home. On Tuesday, Jeff took me out to chili's for a little birthday dinner, then we went grocery shopping. It was just us holding hands and hugging alot. It felt so nice to know our kids were home asleep in bed.


















Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers...and to the people that brought us dinner at the hospital...i didn't even get to meet all of you, but your kindness was so appreciated. Thanks to all of the people that our bringing us meals for the next week too. We love you guys.
































































4 comments:

Lara and Shawn said...

Crystal- I am so happy to hear that you have discovered what the problem was. BUT I am so shocked about the cause. I was literally shaking when I read that. Noah was so sick, what a frightening experience.
Thankfully you all are ok.
I hope you have the hospital make proper amends.

Mama C said...

Crystal, bless your heart! What an emotional roller coaster you have been on! I have been thinking of and praying for you and your family continuously. So glad you are all at home now! I check on your blog daily, and am so thankful for your updates! I know it takes time and thought, but thank you! Praise God that you have answers to what was wrong. I will be praying that things will be in your favor when dealing with the hospital. You and Jeff are doing an awesome job in raising your children!
Sending hugs and love!

Krista said...

We're encouraged Noah is home and thankful they figured out the problem. Crazy what caused it-I'd have a hard time not being fussy with the doctors but God protected your little guy's life through it all and we're glad for that.

We pray God gives you guys strength to continue to love and serve and care for both of your kids. This verse in II Timothy always encourages me when I feel like I've worn myself out and can't do anymore that is asked of me: "The Lord stood at my side and gave me strength."

We'll keep praying!
Love,
The Whitney's

Siobhan said...

Crystal, WOW I cant believe that this was the cause of poor little Noah struggling. Bless his heart and all you guys hearts also. I am so glad to see he is home and better. I will continue to pray that he stays well. =)